суббота, 2 февраля 2013 г.

хуго симберг - падший ангел

TodayAs title refers to melody. It is true that humming calms me down, it also has to be said that music inspires me. The names and the words of your National anthems sounded splendor, well that is precisely what they are supposed to sound, isnAt that so? The musical subject mutter proved to be useful, I am glad we together managed to create something new, BBC Learning English is going to have a Christmas special about singing, thank you Paul telling the good news. Paul, I am some what inquisitive and wonder how many of us Finns have been writing a blog with you before me? And Rachel how things are down under today? What is the current topic that makes the land of Australia tick? I liked the way you made me rethink my own errors Rachel, I am hoping we will continue to do so. I will have lot of things to ask, but firstly I try to give everyone a short introduction about Finland. And all you guys: I was so pleased that my first name, Leila, was so familiar to you. Someone knew that couple of songs have the same title as my name and someone else knew that it has an Arabian origin. All your comments were so motivating and many topics you put forward were a great interest. For example (Rachel e.g.?) one of you talked about self-confidence, that surely is a difficult issue. I, as many of you, maybe lack of it at times, I confess openly that sometimes I wish I had more of it. But then again, if one has too much of self-assurance, it may change to grow into (article or not Rachel) arrogance. I am so pleased Adek that you took the subject matter up. One of my favorite quotations that suit this subject matter is from King Lear by William Shakespeare: “Have more than thou showest, speak less than thou knowest, lend less than thou owest”. IsnAt it well put? A bit about Finland; you maybe know that one of our key industries is forestry, which is a controversial issue at the moment; Finnish pulp factory in Uruguay as Beatriz told us. I will be writing more about Finnish economy later on. As far as weather itAs true that during the summer time we do lot of crazy things, yes the sun shines right through the night and w

Rachel I am so pleased that it is you, who is tutoring me. When writing my first entry yesterday I was uncertain who the tutor was going to be and when noticing that it was my possum friend from down under I was delighted. I hope that by the time we depart at the end of November, we have grown to be possum bosom friends. I also want to pass on my thanks to my student colleagues; I appreciated your warm welcome. I promise to tell a lot about Finland; about our culture, history, economics, weather, tradition, my family and of course about Santa Claus. I will try to have a different topic every day and my entries are going to be more interesting as from next Monday, as I said yesterday, I have been working very long hours and I still have many things to catch up with. Rachel I do not mind you being short. I am a person, who tries to write with limited words. Reason for that is… I confess that I am rather impatient person; long windiness is not my favourite as I am so fast with my moves. The reason for above is that I always have so much to do. I will try to correct my errors: 1. I do my best to keep you interested = I will do my best…. 2. I’ve been watching American Idol on / in TV = this one I always find very tricky, but I guess it should be on TV (my intuition tells me that), and yet the picture is “inside.” Rachel I do know Waltzing Matilda, when I lived in New Zealand I had a pleasure to hear it a lot. I would like to hear the story behind it. Pavlova I also like and I do adore the sound of didgeridoo. As the weekend is coming, I would like to share the following with you. “The true wealth of a nation lies not in it`s gold or silver but in itAs learning, wisdom, and in the uprightness of itAs sons”. Kahil Gibran. Rachel thank you for picking up my mistakes, I trust you continue to do so. During the weekend I am going to put my best foot forward. Feet remind me of the promised account of Chris’s best shoes …

Why am I beat? Well I have been working very long hours since Monday in organizing a very special work related transnational gathering. The meeting was successful in my opinion, and the feedback we received let us to believe we did OK. First of all I say how very pleased I am to be here and learn English under your professional guidance. My name is Leila and I live in Northern Finland; my home town is Oulu. I do my best to keep you interested, but I also hope that you are very severe by pointing out my mistakes. When I write in English I keep on making grammar mistakes, I don’t get my prepositions right and I lack of looseness in my writing style. I think that writing is kind of a performance. I have been watching American Idol on (or in… what about the article?) TV and I have been trying to find out; what makes a good performance. I think that a good story is made with emotion, the act has to have a story, it needs to flow, passion has to be at present, the whole performance has to be technically right and finally it has to entertain. I know it is far too much for me try to achieve all that, I am merely trying to analyze, how one can try to improve oneself. On a lighter note, I very much doubt that my blogs are going to be a great entertainment, but one thing I promise; you will learn a lot about Finland and a bit about me too. The good thing is, that over the months I have noticed that you bloggers are very energetic and happy people, so please help me to make these weeks memorable. By the way our national anthem is called “Our land.” What is your national anthem and are you yourself a good singer? Maybe you also sing while taking a shower!

On 1st March we moved to a new blogging system. The archives of all the student, teacher and staff blogs are still available here to read but commenting has closed.Here is the link to the new system: We still have student, staff and teacher blogs for you to comment on, however in the new system you do need to register to leave comments.

BBC World Service | Learning English | Learning English Student Blog

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий